ABOUT THE EDA
Who we are
Distributors Association (EDA) represents local hydro utilities, the part of
our electricity system that is closest to customers. Local hydro utilities are
on the front lines of power, and we know that the most important conversations
about energy happen around the kitchen table, not the boardroom table. Our
customers understand the power of local hydro, and they value the relationship
of trust they have built with their local hydro utilities, relying on us to
deliver safer, more reliable, and more affordable electricity.
The EDA exists to provide local hydro utilities, otherwise known as local distribution companies (LDC), with the valued industry knowledge, networking opportunities and collective action vital to the business success of each member.
EDA Strategic Priorities 2018-2020
- Remain the trusted source for intelligence and advice regarding the electricity distribution sector, particularly for policymakers and industry stakeholders
- Undertake valuable policy and advocacy work on behalf of members, to maximize their business success.
- Embrace opportunities, including investments that expand an enhance the EDA’s capabilities and offerings.
- Uphold a strong commitment to service excellence, engaging actively with current members and working diligently to attract new ones.
- Place high value on human capital, including EDA leaders, volunteers and staff.