ABOUT THE EDA
Who we are
The EDA is a not-for-profit corporation that advances the interests of Ontario’s local electricity distribution companies (LDCs) — the municipally and privately-owned utilities that deliver safe, reliable electricity to more than five million homes, businesses and institutions across the province. We are the trusted and vital source for advocacy, insights and intelligence for the electricity distribution sector across the province.
What we do
The EDA is the only association in Canada that focuses exclusively on the electricity distribution sector. We draw together a broad community of LDCs, affiliate companies, stakeholder associations and commercial enterprises that do business with utilities, providing opportunities for knowledge sharing, collaboration and business development. Our team collaborates with industry and subject-matter experts to support member business success through policy development, advocacy and opportunities for learning and networking.
The EDA exists to provide local distribution companies with the valued industry knowledge, networking opportunities and collective action vital to the business success of each member.
EDA Strategic Priorities 2018-2020
- Remain the trusted source for intelligence and advice regarding the electricity distribution sector, particularly for policymakers and industry stakeholders
- Undertake valuable policy and advocacy work on behalf of members, to maximize their business success.
- Embrace opportunities, including investments that expand an enhance the EDA’s capabilities and offerings.
- Uphold a strong commitment to service excellence, engaging actively with current members and working diligently to attract new ones.
- Place high value on human capital, including EDA leaders, volunteers and staff.