What Ontario’s Local Hydro Utilities Recommend
We have our fingers on the pulse of what Ontarians need from their electricity system. The EDA encourages government and industry partners to:
- Commit to partnering with local hydro utilities when it comes to electricity policy that impacts our customers and our ability to serve them.
- Create a modern regulator with less red tape to reduce costs and create savings for customers while allowing utilities to focus on innovation and frontline service.
- Work with local hydro utilities to ensure our electricity system infrastructure is resilient to the impacts of climate change.
- As customers explore new technologies and services, respect the role of utilities as protectors of the public interest who manage safe and reliable electricity grids for all Ontarians.
- Allow utilities to invest appropriately in charging infrastructure to support the growing market for electric vehicles and facilitate the wider electrification of public transit.