Ontario’s local hydro utilities play a vital economic role. In the newly released issue of The Distributor magazine, we highlight how utilities support businesses and job creation on ‘Main Street’ and beyond. The depth and breadth of these efforts are truly remarkable.
In this issue – feature stories include:
- Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro plays a crucial role in making rapid transit a reality for their local community.
- Hydro One has been working behind the scenes to provide safe and reliable electricity for businesses and communities and those affected by COVID-19.
- Hydro Ottawa is powering the nation's capital from A to Z. From energizing Amazon’s newest distribution centre to partnering with the region's first zero-carbon district energy community with Zibi.
- Oshawa PUC stands in solidarity with their customers to provide efforts to minimize economic pain for their customers during the first phase of COVID-19.
- ENWIN Utilities Superheroes, for many years, has supported the City of Windsor community through their Community Support Committee, raising thousands of dollars for local non-profit and charitable organizations.
- Burlington Hydro marks 75 years of service in the communities they serve. An economically vibrant community that has grown from a population of 4,380 to over 200,000.
This issue also includes a special editorial feature from the Honourable Greg Rickford, Minister of Energy, Northern Development & Mines, thanking utilities for keeping customers first and continuing to weather the impacts of COVID-19. You’ll also find our regular Sector Scan and EDA Advocacy in Action features, and timely value-added Ask the Expert insights from EDA sponsors Ameresco Canada and Grant Thornton.
Stay tuned as we are working on something exciting for our new magazine refresh coming in 2021. We hope you’ll add the winter Distributor to your weekend or holiday reading list. And we encourage readers to share the content and continue the discussion online: @EDA_ONT #poweroflocalhydro