This year’s EDA Excellence Award winners were announced last night. The recipients were once again exceptional examples of innovation, communications and customer service excellence,
to name just a few of the categories. These awards are an opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of the LDC sector, and their presentation is a highlight of each year’s AGM.
Over 300 guests were on-hand at last night’s gala event at the Royal York in Toronto as the EDA’s new Chair Ysni Semsedini, President & CEO of Festival Hydro, unveiled the winners and
presented the awards.
Essex Powerlines took home top honours with this year’s EDA Local Distribution Company Performance Excellence Award, recognizing outstanding achievement across a range of key performance categories. Its accomplishments included prioritization of the necessary conversion work to simplify its distribution system, reduce inventory, shrink maintenance costs, and reduce its distribution losses.
Last night’s other corporate winners were:
- Halton Hills Hydro for Communications Excellence in connection with its latest Cost of Service rate application
- PUC Distribution for Customer Service Excellence in helping its customers make use of the AffordAbility Fund Trust program
- Alectra Utilities for Environmental Excellence in the form of its AlectraCARES One Planet Program
- Hydro One for Innovation Excellence for its Aroland Battery Energy Storage System
- ENWIN Utilities for Public Electrical Safety Excellence for a campaign that leveraged sports marketing
- Niagara Peninsula Energy for Public Relations Excellence for its Utility Box Artwork program
In addition, EDA was very pleased to present two Chair’s Citations this year in recognition of exceptional and long-standing individual service to the association and the sector. They went to Ruth Tyrrell, Chief Corporate Officer at Orangeville Hydro; and to Ron Stewart, who served in a variety of senior executive roles in the sector prior to his retirement.
The awards gala topped off our AGM and ENERCOM Conference, which this year delivered the same networking and professional-development value as always, but in a new combined format.
You can read more details on the award winners in this morning’s press release, and check out our Twitter feed for pictures from the presentation. Feature coverage will follow in the summer
issue of The Distributor.
Congratulations to all the winners this year and thank you to all who submitted, as well as to award sponsors the Independent Electricity System Operator (Innovation Excellence) and the
Electrical Safety Authority (Public Electrical Safety Excellence). The achievements of Local Distribution Utilities across the province never cease to amaze us!